Discovery Channel informs, entertains and inspires its audiences around the globe about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. Offering millions of people the chance to discover, and satisfy their curiosity, Discovery offers a compelling mix of stories across genres including science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in depth behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organisations that shape and share the world we live in.
We proudly present the Discovery optics series that is produced by Levenhuk and endorsed by Discovery.
The Discovery Prof Specimens DPS 25. “Biology, Birds, etc.” – a large set of 25 prepared slides for microscopic research. It includes slides from the five specialist Discovery Prof DPS 5 kits, such as “Biology”, “Mutations”, “Life in a drop of water”, “Amphibians” and “Birds”. The kit offers the beauty of educational experiences in the various biological disciplines and provides a comprehensive insight into the structure of living organisms. There are many different tissue samples of plants and animals, both typical and damaged by external factors.
The top-quality optical glass is designed for advanced research: medical training, zoology, microbiology, veterinary medicine, etc. Highly transparent and durable: the images are so clear when magnified that they will serve as excellent teaching materials for many years ahead. The structures and changes in different tissues can be studied in detail, which makes it especially valuable for future professionals.
The Discovery Prof Specimens DPS 25 “Biology, Birds, etc.” may be used with microscopes of any brands for professional, amateur, or teaching purposes.
- The large set of 25 specimens represents a multitude of living creatures
- Extra blank slides for your own specimen preparation
- Perfect teaching materials for the entire biology course
- Top-quality optical glass
- Can be used with any lower illumination microscope
The set of slides includes:
- Filamentous green algae of freshwater
- Mold from bread with mycelium and spore
- Sunflower root, transversal section
- Privet transversal section of a leaf
- Tulip trasnv. section of ovary arrangement ovules
- Wood destroyed by fungus
- Skin of fish transversal sec. injured by chemicals
- Skin ulcer of an amphib transversal section
- Plant parts infested with a plant lice transversal section
- Daphnia, water flea
- Cyclops, a copepod whole mount
- Mixed plankton from fresh water
- Hydra transversal section of the body
- Bacteria from putrid water
- Freshwater fish, region of gills
- Freshwater fish, region of tails
- Fish scales, various types of whole mount
- Tadpole, frog larva, transv. section through body
- Frog (Rana), tongue transversal section
- Goose (Anser), plume feather whole mount
- Duck (Anas) gizzard
- Turkey (Meleagris) wing feather
- Chicken (Gallus) cockscomb
- Chicken (Gallus), blood smear
- Blank cover slips – 50 pcs.
- Blank microscope slides – 24 pcs.